How to Enjoy Chicago for the Price of Parking
Visiting Chicago in the summer is one of the life’s best adventures. The cool refreshing breeze off the lake when the humidity hits 90% in the summer is one of the best feelings in the world.
Chicago is a great city, but it can be very expensive. What many people do not realize is that you can enjoy many of the fun activities the City has to offer for the cost of a picnic basket and parking. With some planning, it can be an inexpensive family trip; these tips will help you plan a great trip to the city without spending a fortune.
1. See a free concert in Grant Park – Throughout the summer Grant Park offers a variety of free concerts. Eating a picnic lunch or dinner in Grant Park is a great family experience and by bringing your own food, you will defray the cost of your visit.
2. Visit a museum free! – All of the museums downtown offer one day a week as a free day. Large Corporations sponsor many of these free days so if you do use the museum on a free day send an email of thanks to their corporate sponsor that way they will know that their contribution is valued and they will continue to fund these special days for others.
3. Visit the Chicago Botanic Garden – It’s free! However, some programs are extra. The garden is 385 acres to explore and a great place for kids to experience the wonders of nature.
4. Lincoln Park Zoo – Explore the world’s animals with Chicago’s famous skyline in the background. What can you say about this Chicago landmark except that it’s free to visit!
5. North Avenue Beach – Not many people think of Chicago when it comes to swimming and beaches but with almost 20 miles of shoreline you can’t go wrong! Not only is this a nice beach to visit but it’s free.
Remember food and beverages can be expensive downtown so pack a picnic. You can save even more money by taking the train downtown and with proper planning; you can have a great time in Chicago without breaking the bank.
Anastasia Zoldak is a Recruiting Consultant with more than ten years in the Recruiting Industry. She has had experience in all aspects of hiring including Internet Recruiting. She has also trained other recruiters & hiring managers on the various aspects of recruiting cycles. Contact Anastasia by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her website http://www.zoldakenterprises.com to retain her services or if you have any questions pertaining to this article